Monday, June 28, 2010

We are now in Georgia!

Nana helps us move!
In May we rented the biggest Penske we could and with the help of lots of family, we loaded up our apartment and storage unit, said "Goodbye" and took off for Georgia.Ready to go!
We're ready too!
Photobucket
It took 4 full days of driving, and we stopped far more often than Daddy would have preferred.
Dad drives the truck
Mom drives the truck
"My turn to ride in the Penske!"
There was always someone who needed something at the next rest stop!
Rest Stop
Photobucket
Thank goodness my brother-in-law was willing to come along as a 3rd driver/tremendous help for moving guru.
Super driver!
We never would have been able to move all our stuff without all of the fabulous help we received.
Ryan drives the van
I'm as good as can be!
Are we there yet?
When we arrived in Georgia we spent the night with my dear, dear friend and her wonderful family. They fed us well, and provided beds for everyone so that we could get a good rest before meeting the real estate agents to get the keys and sign the papers for our new home!
I came house hunting the month before and found the property that we now live in. I looked at a lot of homes, most of them much smaller, and yucky too! The landlord was willing to make some pretty decent improvements to this home, which made a big difference since we were really considering living by my dear friend in a smaller home. I'll probably always wonder if I made the right decision, all though if we have another baby then I'll know that we absolutely needed the extra space!
Our new home
Some church members helped us get all the big stuff and most of the boxes moved into the house and the garage, and then the fun started. I hadn't seen some of my stuff in 3 years, and then of course, there's all the stuff we no longer owned, and a slew of miscellaneous projects that had to be done and that I'm still working on.
It's been a lot of work, and there will be pictures soon, but for now we are just glad to be here.
Photobucket

6 comments:

Lesley said...

Meg,
So good to hear from you in the blogging world. The girls have gotten so "grown up" and your little baby boy is adorable. I hope things go great for you in Atlanta! Keep in touch!

Alex Acres said...

Nice to see your back to updating your blog!!! Keith and I want to move to Atlanta.. so it's fun to see the pictures... Keith just has to take his step first..

M and K said...

Glad you updated. What will you do with all that space after living in your apt? Looks awesome. And I knew you'd have another baby ;)

Jeni said...

Congratulations Megdalynn! Georgia is a beautiful place. I'm sure you all are going to love it there. Keep us updated on how things go!

alexandraquel said...

It's great to see you guys all settled in Georgia! Enjoy your new home and your three beautiful children! I noticed that your little dog is with you guys... we are sooo happy to have Ozzy with us after such a long time island hopping :) Take care!

Tonya said...

The outside of your house is so cute! Post inside pics!